Gardens by the Bay in Singapore
Gardens by the Bay, Singapore
Gardens by the Bay is a nature park spanning 101 hectares in the central region of Singapore. It is located at 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953, with an approximate latitude of 1.2816° N and longitude of 103.8636° E.
- Flower Dome - The Flower Dome is the largest glass greenhouse in the world, showcasing a variety of plants from five continents.
- Cloud Forest - The Cloud Forest is a 35-metre tall mountain covered in mist and home to a variety of plant species.
- Supertree Grove - The Supertree Grove features 18 tree-like structures ranging from 25 to 50 metres tall, which are fitted with environmentally sustainable functions such as photovoltaic cells that harvest solar energy.
- OCBC Skyway - The OCBC Skyway is a 128-metre long aerial walkway that connects two Supertrees and offers stunning views of the surrounding gardens and Marina Bay skyline.
- Heritage Gardens - The Heritage Gardens showcase the rich cultural diversity of Singapore, with four themed gardens representing the Malay, Chinese, Indian and Colonial cultures.
Gardens by the Bay hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including floral displays, music concerts, and cultural festivals. Some of the highlights include:
- Orchid Extravaganza - An annual floral display featuring thousands of orchids in a variety of colours and shapes.
- Garden Rhapsody - A light and sound show that illuminates the Supertrees at night, accompanied by a musical soundtrack.
- Christmas Wonderland - A festive event featuring a Christmas market, ice skating rink, and light installations.
- Mid-Autumn Festival - A celebration of the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival, featuring lantern displays and cultural performances.
Tips for Visitors
To make the most of your visit to Gardens by the Bay, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat and sunscreen, as it can get hot and sunny during the day.
- Visit the attractions early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the crowds and the heat.
- Buy tickets online in advance to skip the queues at the ticketing counters.
- Take the time to explore the various gardens and attractions, as there is a lot to see and do.
- Stay for the light and sound show at the Supertree Grove, as it is a highlight of the Gardens.
Overall, Gardens by the Bay is a must-visit destination in Singapore, offering a unique and unforgettable experience of nature, technology and culture.