Viewing the Cherry Blossoms at Kakizaki Dam in Yuzawa
About Kakizaki Dam
Kakizaki Dam is a large concrete dam located in the Yuzawa city of Niigata, Japan. It was built in 1962 and is now a popular spot for cherry blossom viewing during the spring season.
When to Visit
The best time to view the cherry blossoms at Kakizaki Dam is usually in early April, although the exact timing can vary depending on the weather conditions. It's a good idea to check the bloom forecast before planning your visit.
Kakizaki Dam is located about 30 minutes by car from the center of Yuzawa city. The approximate latitude and longitude of the dam is 37.1883° N, 138.9269° E. There is also a parking lot available for visitors.
Tips for Viewing the Cherry Blossoms
- Arrive early to avoid crowds and find a good spot for viewing.
- Bring a picnic lunch or snacks to enjoy under the cherry blossom trees.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking around the dam.
- Bring a camera to capture the beautiful scenery.
- Be respectful of the environment and other visitors.