Central Museum of Mongolian Dinosaurs in Ulaanbaatar
The Central Museum of Mongolian Dinosaurs is a must-visit for anyone interested in dinosaurs and prehistoric life. Located in the heart of Ulaanbaatar city, the museum houses one of the world's largest collections of dinosaur fossils and other prehistoric specimens.
The museum's exhibits are divided into several sections, each showcasing a different aspect of prehistoric life:
- The Dinosaur Hall - featuring full-scale skeletons of some of the most famous dinosaurs, including Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, and Stegosaurus.
- The Evolution of Life - tracing the development of life on Earth from its earliest beginnings to the present day.
- The Paleozoic Era - showcasing the diverse range of life that existed during the Paleozoic Era, including trilobites, ammonites, and early fish.
- The Mesozoic Era - focusing on the Age of Dinosaurs, with exhibits on the various dinosaur groups, their habitats, and their extinction.
- The Cenozoic Era - featuring exhibits on the mammals that evolved after the extinction of the dinosaurs, including sabre-toothed cats, mammoths, and early humans.
In addition to the exhibits, the museum offers a range of activities for visitors of all ages:
- Dinosaur workshops - where visitors can learn about the science of paleontology and even help prepare dinosaur fossils.
- Fossil hunting trips - taking visitors on guided tours to search for fossils in the Gobi Desert.
- Dino-themed gift shop - selling a range of dinosaur-related souvenirs and gifts.
- Café - offering a range of snacks and drinks for visitors to enjoy.
Whether you're a lifelong dinosaur enthusiast or just looking for a fun and educational day out, the Central Museum of Mongolian Dinosaurs is the perfect destination.