Chiba Castle in Chiba
Chiba Castle, also known as Inohana Castle, is a castle located in Chiba city, Chiba Prefecture, Japan. The castle was originally built in the 12th century and was rebuilt in the 15th century by the Chiba clan. The castle was destroyed during the Meiji Restoration, but the donjon (central tower) was reconstructed in 1967 and is now a popular tourist attraction.
Visiting Chiba Castle
Chiba Castle is open to visitors daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Admission is ¥200 for adults and ¥100 for children. Guided tours are available for an additional fee.
Chiba Castle is located in the center of Chiba city and is easily accessible by public transportation. The closest train station is Chiba Station, which is served by the JR Sobu Line, the Keiyo Line, and the Sotobo Line. From Chiba Station, it is a 20-minute walk to the castle. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Chiba Station to the castle.
|Train||From Tokyo Station to Chiba Station||40 minutes|
|Bus||From Chiba Station to Chiba Castle||10 minutes|
What to See at Chiba Castle
The donjon (central tower) is the main attraction at Chiba Castle. Visitors can climb to the top of the donjon for a panoramic view of Chiba city. The castle grounds also include a museum, a tea house, and a garden.
- Museum: The museum showcases the history of Chiba Castle and the Chiba clan. Exhibits include samurai armor, weapons, and household items.
- Tea House: The tea house is a traditional Japanese building where visitors can enjoy a cup of matcha (powdered green tea) and sweets.
- Garden: The garden features cherry blossoms in the spring and is a popular spot for picnics and hanami (flower viewing).
Events and Festivals
Chiba Castle hosts several events and festivals throughout the year, including:
- Cherry Blossom Festival: The cherry blossom festival takes place in early April and features food stalls, live music, and traditional Japanese performances.
- Samurai Festival: The samurai festival takes place in late September and features reenactments of samurai battles, traditional Japanese music and dance, and food stalls.
Chiba Castle is a must-visit destination for history enthusiasts and anyone interested in Japanese culture. With its stunning architecture, beautiful garden, and fascinating museum, Chiba Castle offers a unique glimpse into the past. Whether you're visiting Chiba city for the first time or you're a seasoned traveler, Chiba Castle is a must-see attraction that should not be missed.