Saga International Balloon Fiesta in Saga
Saga International Balloon Fiesta
About the Event
The Saga International Balloon Fiesta is one of the largest hot air balloon festivals in Asia, held annually in Saga city of Saga Prefecture, Japan. The event attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world and features colorful hot air balloons of various shapes and sizes, as well as exciting balloon competitions and night glows.
The event takes place at the Kasegawa Riverside Sports Park in Saga city, which is located in the northern part of Kyushu island in Japan. The approximate latitude and longitude of the park are 33.2426° N, 130.2939° E.
- Hot air balloon rides
- Balloon competitions
- Night glows
- Food and drink stalls
- Live music performances
- Cultural events and workshops
- Kids' activities
When to Go
The Saga International Balloon Fiesta is usually held for one week in November, when the weather in Saga city is cool and stable, making it perfect for hot air ballooning.
How to Get There
Saga city is easily accessible by train or plane from major cities in Japan, such as Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka. From Saga station, take a bus or taxi to the Kasegawa Riverside Sports Park.
Tips for Visitors
- Wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes, as the weather can be chilly and the park is quite large.
- Bring a camera to capture the stunning views of the hot air balloons.
- Try the local food and drink, such as Saga beef and sake.
- Check the official website for the latest information on the event schedule and ticket prices.
- Reserve your hot air balloon ride in advance, as they tend to sell out quickly.
Overall, the Saga International Balloon Fiesta is a must-see event for anyone visiting Japan in November. With its beautiful hot air balloons, exciting competitions, and festive atmosphere, it is sure to be a memorable experience for all.