Visit the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Taipei
If you're interested in history and culture, the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Taipei City, Taiwan is a must-see attraction. This impressive building was built in honor of Sun Yat-sen, the founding father of the Republic of China, and is a symbol of Taiwan's democratic values and commitment to preserving its heritage.
The memorial hall is located in the Xinyi district of Taipei City, near the Taipei 101 skyscraper. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 25.0359° N, 121.5250° E.
Things to See and Do
- Admire the architecture of the main building, which features traditional Chinese elements such as red pillars, a blue roof, and a white exterior.
- Watch the changing of the guard ceremony, which takes place every hour from 9am to 5pm.
- Visit the museum inside the memorial hall, which has exhibits on Sun Yat-sen's life and accomplishments, as well as displays on Taiwan's history and culture.
- Take a stroll through the landscaped gardens surrounding the memorial hall, which are a popular spot for picnics and relaxation.
- Attend a cultural event or performance at the auditorium, which has hosted concerts, plays, and other shows over the years.
- The memorial hall is open daily from 9am to 6pm, and admission is free.
- The nearest MRT station is Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall Station, which is on the red line.
- There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the surrounding area, so you can grab a bite to eat before or after your visit.
- Be sure to bring a camera, as the memorial hall and its surroundings are very photogenic.