Experience the Taipei Zoo in Taipei
Experience the Taipei Zoo - Taipei City, Taiwan
If you're looking for a fun and educational activity in Taipei City, look no further than the Taipei Zoo. Located at 30.9778° N, 121.4831° E, the zoo is home to over 400 different species of animals from around the world.
The Taipei Zoo is easily accessible by public transportation. You can take the MRT (metro) to the Taipei Zoo station on the Brown Line. From there, it's a short walk to the entrance of the zoo. You can also take a bus or taxi to the zoo if you prefer.
What to See
There's plenty to see and do at the Taipei Zoo. Some of the highlights include:
- Giant pandas - The zoo is home to two giant pandas, Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, who were a gift from China in 2008.
- Asian elephants - The zoo has a large exhibit dedicated to Asian elephants, where you can see them up close and learn about their habits and behaviors.
- African animals - The zoo has a section dedicated to African animals, including giraffes, zebras, and lions.
- Birds - The zoo has a large aviary where you can see a variety of birds from around the world.
- Reptiles - The zoo has a reptile house where you can see snakes, lizards, and turtles.
In addition to seeing the animals, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy at the Taipei Zoo. Some of these include:
- Animal shows - The zoo has daily animal shows where you can see the animals in action and learn more about them.
- Children's area - The zoo has a children's area with playgrounds and other activities for kids.
- Botanical garden - The zoo has a large botanical garden with a variety of plants and flowers.
- Food and drink - There are plenty of food and drink options throughout the zoo, including restaurants and snack stands.
Plan Your Visit
The Taipei Zoo is open every day from 9am to 5pm. Admission is NT$60 for adults and NT$30 for children. There are also discounts available for seniors and groups. It's a good idea to plan to spend at least a few hours at the zoo to see everything it has to offer.
Overall, the Taipei Zoo is a great destination for animal lovers and families. With its wide variety of animals and activities, it's sure to be a fun and educational experience for visitors of all ages.