Explore the Inya Lake in Yangon
Explore the Inya Lake in Yangon, Myanmar
Located in the heart of Yangon, Myanmar, the Inya Lake is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. This vast lake is surrounded by lush greenery and offers stunning views of the city skyline. It is a great place to relax, unwind, and enjoy the natural beauty of Myanmar.
The Inya Lake is approximately 5 miles (8 kilometers) long and 2 miles (3 kilometers) wide, with a maximum depth of 37 feet (11 meters). It is fed by several small streams and drains into the Hlaing River, which flows into the Gulf of Martaban.
Things to Do
- Take a boat ride on the lake and enjoy the scenic views.
- Visit the Yangon Sailing Club, which offers sailing lessons and boat rentals.
- Explore the surrounding area on foot or by bike.
- Visit the nearby Kaba Aye Pagoda and the Maha Pasana Guha cave.
- Enjoy a picnic or a barbecue with friends and family.
Where to Stay
There are several hotels and guesthouses near the Inya Lake, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury accommodations. Some of the most popular hotels include:
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon
- Sedona Hotel Yangon
- Hotel Parami
- Hotel Yankin
The Inya Lake is located in the northern part of Yangon, approximately 6 miles (10 kilometers) from the city center. The easiest way to get there is by taxi or private car. There are also several public buses that stop near the lake.
If you are traveling from Yangon International Airport, the Inya Lake is approximately 9 miles (15 kilometers) away. Taxis and private cars are available at the airport, or you can arrange for airport shuttle service through your hotel.