Guimaras Windmills in Guimaras Island
About Guimaras Windmills
The Guimaras Windmills, also known as the San Lorenzo Wind Farm, is an iconic landmark located in the Guimaras Island city of Guimaras, Philippines. It is composed of 27 wind turbines that generate electricity for the island and its neighboring areas.
The windmills are over 60 meters tall and have a diameter of 41 meters. They are strategically located on a hill overlooking the sea, providing a scenic view of the island and its surroundings. Visitors can take a tour of the wind farm and learn about renewable energy, as well as take photos and enjoy the view.
The Guimaras Windmills are located in the San Lorenzo municipality on the eastern side of Guimaras Island. The approximate coordinates are 10.6948° N, 122.5372° E.
Aside from the Guimaras Windmills, visitors can also explore the other attractions in the island such as:
- Alubihod Beach
- Trappist Monastery
- Balaan Bukid Shrine
- The Pitstop
- Mango Plantations
Tips for Visitors
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes as the wind farm requires walking uphill.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat as there is no shade in the area.
- Respect the wind farm and do not touch or climb the wind turbines.
- Take your trash with you and dispose of it properly.
- Visit early in the morning or late in the afternoon for a better view and cooler weather.