Bakhawan Eco-Park in Caticlan / Malay
Bakhawan Eco-Park is a mangrove forest located in the Caticlan / Malay city of Aklan, Philippines. It spans over 220 hectares and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. The park is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, offering a peaceful and educational experience in nature.
The approximate latitude and longitude of Bakhawan Eco-Park is 11.9672° N, 121.9288° E.
Things to Do
- Take a guided tour of the mangrove forest
- Learn about the importance of mangroves in the ecosystem
- Go bird-watching and spot some of the park's 60+ bird species
- Explore the park's bamboo bridge and boardwalks
- Relax in one of the park's picnic areas
- Visit the park's butterfly garden and see various species of butterflies
- Take a boat ride along the river and see the mangroves from a different perspective
- Try some local food at the park's restaurant
- Entrance fee: 120 PHP for adults, 100 PHP for students, 20 PHP for children
- Opening hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Guided tours are available for an additional fee
- The park is wheelchair accessible
- There are restrooms and a souvenir shop on site
- Visitors are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and bring insect repellent
Overall, Bakhawan Eco-Park is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and anyone looking for a peaceful and educational experience in the Philippines. With its beautiful mangrove forest and range of activities, it's the perfect place to spend a day exploring.