Ban Prok Village in Amphawa (Samut Songkhram)
Guide to Ban Prok Village in Samut Songkhram, Thailand
Located in the Amphawa district of Samut Songkhram, Ban Prok Village is a charming and peaceful destination that offers visitors a glimpse into the traditional Thai way of life. The village is situated approximately 13 kilometers from the city center and has a latitude and longitude of 13.4286° N, 100.0093° E.
Things to Do in Ban Prok Village
- Visit the Ban Prok Temple - This beautiful temple is one of the oldest in the area and features stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Take a Boat Tour - Explore the nearby canals and waterways on a traditional Thai longtail boat. You'll see local homes, farms, and temples along the way.
- Shop at the Local Market - Ban Prok Village is known for its fresh produce and handmade crafts. Be sure to check out the market for souvenirs and snacks.
- Try Local Foods - Don't miss the chance to sample some of the delicious Thai cuisine that Ban Prok Village has to offer. Some popular dishes include khao tom pla, a fish and rice soup, and khao lam, a sweet sticky rice dessert.
- Learn Traditional Crafts - The village is home to many skilled artisans who create beautiful pottery, wood carvings, and textiles. Take a workshop to learn these traditional crafts and bring home a unique souvenir.
Getting to Ban Prok Village
The easiest way to reach Ban Prok Village is by car or taxi from Samut Songkhram city center. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Bangkok to Amphawa and then hire a taxi or motorbike to reach the village.
Where to Stay
There are several guesthouses and homestays in and around Ban Prok Village. These accommodations offer a unique opportunity to experience traditional Thai hospitality and lifestyle. Some popular options include:
- Baan Prok Garden Resort
- Baan Suan Amphawa
- Baan Rim Klong
Ban Prok Village is a hidden gem in Samut Songkhram that is worth exploring. With its rich history, beautiful scenery, and friendly locals, it's the perfect destination for travelers looking to experience the authentic side of Thailand.