Chanthaboon Waterfront Community in Chanthaburi
Chanthaboon Waterfront Community is a charming and historic area located in the city of Chanthaburi, Thailand. It is famous for its well-preserved traditional architecture, narrow alleys, and vibrant local culture.
The community is situated on the east bank of the Chanthaburi River, approximately 3 kilometers from the city center. Its approximate latitude and longitude are 12.6097° N, 102.1049° E.
Things to Do
- Explore the narrow alleys and admire the traditional architecture of the houses and shops.
- Visit the Chanthaboon Waterfront Community Museum to learn about the history and culture of the community.
- Try the delicious local food, such as khanom jeen (rice noodles with curry) and khao chae (rice served with cool and spicy side dishes).
- Shop for souvenirs and handmade crafts at the local markets and shops.
- Take a boat ride along the Chanthaburi River and enjoy the scenic views of the community.
There are several guesthouses and homestays available in the community for visitors who want to experience the local way of life. Some popular options include Baan Luang Rajamaitri Historic Inn and Baan Rimnam Resort.
The easiest way to get to Chanthaboon Waterfront Community is by car or taxi. It is also possible to take a songthaew (shared taxi) from the city center.